Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Guinea: Opposition ignores call for dialogue ahead of elections

So that Alpha Conde had opened the door to dialogue about the disputed election calendar, the opposition leaders denounced a "communication operation" of guinénenne presidency.

Between the two parties, dialogue seems impossible . Guinea's opposition said Tuesday no show "no progress" in the instructions given by President Alpha Conde to start a dialogue on the disputed electoral calendar .

Alpha Conde on Monday asked in a public letter to the head of government Mohamed Said Fofana, to open a dialogue with the opposition and the majority. This mission, entrusted to the Minister of Justice and the Secretary General of the Presidency, aims to "promote the organization of transparent and fair presidential and local elections."

This dialogue would aim in particular at ensuring that "non-elected bodies and local authorities" are only "or a barrier to transparency or disability the fairness of the electoral process." Following his meeting with the President on 20 May, the leader of the opposition, Diallo, said he was "disappointed" that Alpha Condé was, he said, content to listen .

Arm wrestling

"If in this letter to the Prime Minister and two ministers of his government, he gave a possible timetable for meeting and had determined the agenda on which we have been discussing for more than six months with the Minister for Justice, yet they would have been a small step forward, "responded the spokesman of the opposition, Aboubacar Sylla.

"It's a non-event and this is yet another communication operation for passing Alpha Condé for a man of dialogue, intended to clear completely regarding future crises," said the spokesman the opposition. This is to meet on Tuesday to discuss, he also announced.

The announcement comes after two months of standoff between government and opposition, while violent demonstrations left several people dead and dozens wounded in Conakry and several provincial cities.

In an interview earlier this month in Jeune Afrique , the Guinean president had completely ruled out a change in the electoral calendar. But he was open to discussion to ensure non-interference of local executive in the presidential election.

Requested by the opposition?

The opposition demands the cancellation of the electoral calendar that returns the local elections in 2016, after the presidential election whose first round was set for October 11.

She suspects him of wanting to be able to use the communal executives appointed by him, voting fault at this level since 2005, to orchestrate massive fraud, categorically denies that the head of state, ensuring that they will play "no part" in the presidential election.


No comments:

Post a Comment