Friday, October 24, 2014

Botswana: Voters express excitement

Voters queuing at Phakalane Primary School in Gaborone North, Botswana, have expressed their excitement as some of them are first time voters.

Botswana Congress Party (BCP) leader, Dumelang Saleshando, also cast his vote at the school.

Political analysts and observers believe this year's elections will be hotly contested since independence in 1966. The ruling Botswana Democratic Party (BDP) is facing tough competition from the coalition of opposition parties under the Umbrella for Democratic Changes and BCP.

One voter says, "We came as early as possible and still found a lot of people. It shows that lots of people are still interested in voting."

A first time voter says, "It’s the first time I am voting. I am a little nervous, I am still contemplating, but I want to vote and make a mark in my country."

SABC News

No comments:

Post a Comment